Documentation & Data Analysis-HSU Course
Humboldt State University Subject & Catalog: EDUC x701
Class Number: 31267
In this post-baccalaureate course provided through Humboldt State University, you will learn how to actively monitor students throughout the instructional process and to collect academic and behavioral data. You will learn how to process, file, and analyze data for documentation and to better help teach mastery of course concepts. At the end of the course you will build both a data collection lesson plan to immediately use in the classroom, aligned to a specific lesson and focused on academic improvements in students, as well as a documentation action plan focused on a more holistic approach to documenting a student’s behavioral and academic struggles. You’ll begin the course by exploring documentation, so that you can plan an effective and efficient means of collecting and cataloging student information. You’ll consider some behavioral data to track, then you’ll spend time identifying specific academic factors to monitor and track over time. Finally, you’ll review how to analyze data and address student misconceptions in academics.
This course will provide you with an action plan for developing documentation and data collection methods that are purposeful and targeted to your classroom. You’ll also analyze current research and apply it to your teaching, and you’ll build targeted resources that will help improve implementation of the ideas in this course.
*This pricing includes Model Teaching’s course fee of $65 & Humboldt State University’s academic credit fee if $50. You will only be charged $65 at registration. To request your credits from Humboldt, you will submit you completion certificate and pay the remaining $50 at the completion of the course to receive your academic credit units.
- Identify purposes for documentation and generate student folder plans that meet the documentation purpose.
- Analyze behavioral and academic behavior student trackers and learn to apply it to tracking and documenting students throughout classroom instruction.
- Compose an active monitoring planning guide and data collection procedures aligned to a specific academic skill to help identify student progress.
- Assess students using multiple progress measurement and tracking tools, and identify methods for providing feedback and addressing student misconceptions in content.
- Compile course content and generate a comprehensive documentation and data analysis action plans to implement into the classroom and help inform student progress.
- Compose targeted supplemental resources to ensure action plan implementation of student documentation and data collection in the classroom.
- Analyze and defend research articles covering the main topics within the course, to reflect on the research’s impact in the classroom.
- Plan, reflect, and report on implementation progress using a Classroom Implementation Plan.
1 Credit Unit
This course falls under Humboldt State University’s 700-799 numbering system, for the purposes of credential/licensure designed primarily for electives or professional development/salary advancement purposes. At the conclusion of the course, Model Teaching will review your submitted content and send the results to Humboldt State University. This course is for 1 Credit Unit and requires a minimum passage grade of 80%. Model Teaching is an accredited partner with Humboldt State University. Upon course completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from Model Teaching, along with instructions to submit to Humboldt State University to receive your Academic Units
Receive a copy of the course syllabus by submitting the form below. Once submitted, we automatically email you a copy. The syllabus contains detailed and important information on the structure and core content of the course.
Parent Contact Log
Academic Behaviors to Notice Tracker-Writing
Assessment Data Collection Template
Data Collection Planning Guide
Supplemental Resource Design Template
ABC Tracker Sample
Documentation Implementation Plan
Documentation Purposes Guide
Referral Process Log
Academic Behaviors to Notice Tracker-Math
Academic Behaviors to Notice Tracker-Data Examples
Data Analysis Guide
On/Off Task Behavior Tracker
Research Article Analysis Template
Creating Student Files Guide
Team Meeting Documentation Tracker
Academic Behaviors to Notice Tracker-Reading
Active Monitoring Planning Guide
Data Collection Lesson Plan
Progression of Skills Mastery Tracker
Classroom Implementation Plan Template
Register For The Course Now!
COURSE PRICE: $115. This pricing includes Model Teaching’s course fee of $65 & Humboldt State University’s transcript fee if $50. You will only be charged $65 at registration. To request your credits from Humboldt, you will submit you completion certificate and pay the remaining $50 at the completion of the course to receive your academic credit units.