Intro to Online Learning (7 Hours)
(7 Hours) This introductory-level course is an essential start for any teacher wishing to transition some or all of their lesson instruction into an online format. In this course you will learn what effective online learning looks like at any grade level and how to plan online lessons while ensuring security, a sense of community, effective communication, and equity for all students. We will review the types of content delivery platforms and tools and help you choose the right online platform(s) for your individual online classroom needs.
How can I plan and implement effective online lessons that keep my students engaged in the content, and allows for social connections as well?
- How to build a safe online community where students collaborate with each other and receive regular and impactful feedback from their teacher
- How to establish clear communication among teachers, students, and parents
- How to teach a lesson digitally that is engaging and allows students the opportunity to practice new material with peers and independently
- How to choose appropriate online tools with which to deliver your instruction
- Receive a comprehensive list of online content delivery tools available for teachers
I am currently retired but thinking about continuing my career with online education. This course was exactly what I needed! Very well organized and clearly presented. I feel like I am now ready to plan, organize, and run online lessons. Also, the resources provided were very helpful!
At the conclusion of the course, you will receive a certificate for 7 Professional Development hours. Model Teaching is an approved provider of professional development in many states. Visit our State Requirements page for more information on your specific certificate requirements.
Online Teaching & Learning Self Reflection with Sample
Student Participation Reflection with Sample
Online Learning Safety Plan with Sample
Logistics Plan for Online Learning with Sample
Online Course Pacing Guide-By Subject with Sample
Course Outline for Parents with Sample
Online Community Building Strategy Plan with Sample
Implementation Observation Checklist with Sample
Online Course Pacing Guide-By Schedule with Sample
Weekly Parent Communication Template with Sample
Synchronous vs. Asynchronous Online Teaching
Online Learning Unit Plan Template with Sample
Register For The Course Now!
Or Subscribe For Full Access to All Courses